Ad
Ad
Donald Trump protesters

Inauguration acid attack plot caught on tape? (VIDEO)

Are protesters planning to attack Trump’s inauguration?

Activists opposing President-elect Donald Trump’s January 20 inauguration ceremony were reportedly caught on an undercover video recording planning to disrupt the celebration with butyric acid, better known as “stink bombs.”

The Daily Caller reports that James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas, a group that claims to “investigate and expose corruption,” released a video on Monday that allegedly depicts several people with the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition discussing ways to attack President-elect Donald J. Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence’s inauguration.

“Yeah, if you had a pint of butyric acid, I don’t care how big the building is, it’s closing…All you got to do is pull the pin, press the plunger, and the whole can discharges,” activist Luke Kuhn reportedly said at the beginning of the video.

The anti-Trump people are reportedly part of a plan called #DisruptJ20, in which thousands upon thousands of protesters plan to “do everything we can to try and stop people from being able to access the inauguration,” FOX News reports.

Protesters were also caught on video saying they plan to crash the DeploraBall, an event to be held by Trump supporters a few days before the inauguration, at the Washington, D.C. National Press Club.

“It would be really interesting if we could stop them from having the DeploraBall at all,” one of the protesters reportedly said.

While discussing ways to disrupt the DeploraBall, Scott Green, of Project Veritas, posing as someone in support of the  D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition, told the other protesters that he was looking for ways to “ruin their outfits or otherwise make it impossible to continue with their plans. Make sure they get nothing accomplished.”

Later, when the activist group was confronted with the hidden footage, they claimed they were purposely giving false information to someone named “Tyler,” because they knew he wasn’t really a part of their plans.

“Our allies at the DC Antifascist Coalition met with Tyler. Because they thought it would be a humorous venue, they arranged to meet with Tyler at Comet Ping Pong, which has recently been targeted by right-wing fake news outlets. Though the coalition members did not know who he was working for, they knew Tyler was not who he said he was……False plans were discussed with Tyler. They spoke of false plans in order to protect themselves, and did not discuss any real intentions,” a statement from the Coalition read.

O’Keefe, however, didn’t buy it. He issued his own statement, accusing the activist group of not only purchasing DeploraBall tickets, but also completely lying in their statement in an attempt to cover up their plans.

“The group even admitted that they had already purchased tickets to the Deploraball. It’s rare that you run into people that are simply flat out liars, but the organizers of DisruptJ20 fall into that category and laughably so…..Their plot is stopped and now they’re facing criminal scrutiny — as they should be. They’re on the run, and I say we keep them on the run by calling in some ground support.”

 

[Feature Photo: AP/Jose Luis Magana]