Carbon monoxide Berkley couple

Carbon monoxide from 3-D printer may have killed Berkeley couple

A man and woman were found dead in their Berkeley, California, apartment on Friday. Police think their sudden deaths could have possibly happened from carbon monoxide poisoning from a 3-D printer.

CBS affiliate KPIX-5  reports that Roger Morash, 35, and Valerie Morash, 32, were found dead in their central Berkeley aparment, off of of Deakin Street, that they resided at for several years. Their two cats were also found deceased in the home.

After the discovery of the bodies, the fourplex was evacuated and the fire department called in to look for a gas leak or other type of containment, but nothing was found. A source indicated that duo used a laser 3-D printer that vented into their home. Reportedly, Roger and Valerie showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

However, police still haven’t confirmed that official cause of death.

“We’re still stumped by this one,” police officer Byron White said,

Ms. Morash was a postdoctoral research fellow and Mr. Morash was a game developer.  Both had attended Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Family members had a memorial service for the couple on Friday, at the Ed Roberts Campus on Adeline Street.

[Feature Photo: Handout]