A Florida middle school student admitted to chucking a wood block at President Donald Trump’s motorcade as it passed through West Palm Beach on Friday.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that it received a report that the vehicle “had been struck by what was believed to be a small hard object” on Southern Boulevard late Friday afternoon. President Trump was en route to Mar-a-Lago from Palm Beach International Airport, according to the Palm Beach Post.
Authorities said that members of the motorcade canvassed for a projectile after the trip and recovered a wood block measuring about two inches by four inches. Agents requested video footage from local stores and a gas station, according to CNN.
The PBSO said a local student confessed to his role and implicated four of his classmates. The other students are said to also attend local middle schools.
A Secret Service spokeswoman told The Washington Post that there was no major damage to the motorcade or any injuries. However, the official declined to provide additional information about the incident because it’s still under investigation.
The statement also claimed charges will be filed with the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office. Trump held a rally 100 miles from West Palm Beach in Melbourne, Florida, on Saturday afternoon. The Palm Beach Daily News wrote he also made an evening appearance at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Discovery Celebration at Mar-a-Lago.
On Sunday morning, Trump reportedly returned to the International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, later spending four hours at Trump International.
Photo: Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office