Six people are still missing after the devastation of the Manchester bomb attack, and their families are desperately searching for their loved ones as more victims are confirmed each day, reports the Daily Mail.
On Monday, Salman Abedi, a 22-year-old Briton of Libyan descent, set off a homemade bomb outside Manchester Arena at the end of an Ariana Grande concert.
Twenty-two people died and 59 were injured in the blast. Twelve victims have been identified since Monday.
Liam Curry, 19, and his girlfriend Chloe Rutherford, 17, have been missing since the explosion. Their families made their way as quickly as they could to search for the two, who haven’t been seen since they started on their way out of arena just before the last song.
Chloe’s father Mark Rutherford, 45, of South Shields, said the families are unsure what’s going on.
“We don’t know anything. We are just waiting for news. I drove through the night to get here.”
One of Liam’s relatives, Bernard Wills, 36, said the couple is “very much in love.” Liam is a sports science student at Northumbria University.
School worker Wendy Fawell, 50, from West Yorkshire, was last seen waiting in the lobby for her 15-year-old daughter Charlotte. Fawell’s friend Caroline was hospitalized after suffering wounds from shrapnel.
Fawell’s step-daughter Emma Sykes says the family is hoping she is still out there.
“Right now we are just hoping that she is disorientated or something, and that she is somewhere safe.”
When Caroline regained consciousness, she said she had no clue where Wendy is. Charlotte is safe and is in the hospital with Caroline.
Courtney Boyle, 19, and her mother’s partner Philip Tron, 32, were picking up her sister Nicole from the concert. Nicole was unharmed in the incident, but Courtney and Philip are still missing. Courtney, a criminology major at Leeds Beckett University, was last seen with Philip as they headed towards the foyer of the Manchester Arena to pick up Nicole.
Courtney’s mother Deborah Hutchinson is pleading for help in finding the two. She posted on Facebook, asking people to share her post in the hopes that someone who knows of their whereabouts will see it.
Eilidh Macleod, 14, from Scottish island Barra, was with her friend Laura MacIntyre, 15, when the blast occurred. Eilidh is still missing, but Laura was found severly injured in the hospital. She was “badly burned” in the explosion, and was in the hospital Tuesday night in intensive care.
Her grandmother Cecilia MacFadyen said she is “absolutely distraught” at the news of her granddaughter.
The Manchester trip and concert tickets were a birthday present for Eilidh.
Reverend Dr. Lindsay Schluter, minister for Barra and South Uist congregations said the “small, close-knit community” has been deeply affected by the news.
“The events in Manchester and the way they have impacted on two families here has come as a great shock to everyone. People have been numbed by what has happened to the two girls and everybody continues to be very anxious about their welfare. People in the community have been very supportive of the families, deeply prayerfully so.”
Victims who died in the attack include Kelly Brewster, 32, who had been trying to shield her sister and niece from the blast, and Olivia Campbell, 15, who was confirmed dead Wednesday. Her mother posted a heartbreaking statement on Facebook, reports The New York Times.
“RIP my darling precious gorgeous girl Olivia Campbell taken far far too soon go sing with the angels and keep smiling mummy loves you so much.”
Other victims include Saffie Rose Roussos, 8, Georgina Bethany Callander, 18, a health and social care student, and John Atkinson, who was in his late 20s.
Nell Jones, 14, was confirmed dead from the explosion. The school she attended, Holmes Chapel Comprehensive school in Cheshire, said in a statement that Nell’s peers were distraught after hearing the news of her death.
She was a member of the Knutsford Young Farmers, a Cheshire Young Farmers Club “dedicated to supporting young people in the agriculture and the countryside”
Nell’s friend, Freya Lewis, was badly injured in the attack and is currently in the hospital.
The bomb hit outside of the concert where parents were waiting to pick up their children. Among parents who were killed are a Polish couple, Angelika and Marcin Klis. The couple’s two daughters, Alex and Patrycja, are safe and unharmed.
Alison Howe and Lisa Lees were friends, waiting together for their 15-year-old daughters. Both women died in the blast. Their daughters were unharmed.
Martyn Hett, a public relations manager from Stockport in Greater Manchester, had been planning a trip to the United States. He was also killed in the attack.
[Feature photo: Facebook]