Ad
Ad

Supermarket shocker! Woman suing grocery chain after her husband fell into a deep fryer and was BURNED to death

Chrissie McGee Blount has filed a lawsuit against popular grocery chain Publix, after her husband, Mansur Blount, fell into a deep fryer in 2015 and burned to death.

The Georgia widow has officially filed a wrongful death lawsuit, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Mansur Blount, 37, was reportedly cleaning a kitchen vent hood on June 25, 2015, when he fell below, into a fryer filled with scalding hot cooking oil. The suit states that this fryer was protected only by a “thin metal cover” and Blount was “not aware of the hazard.”

After falling into the fryer, he was transported to the burn unit at Grady Memorial Hospital, where he died on July 4, 2015. The lawsuit maintains that Blount died due to the severe burns he sustained days earlier.

Chrissie McGee Blount is suing the supermarket chain for “the full value of the life of Mansur Blount” as well as court costs and attorney’s fees.

The widow is also suing Southeastern Protection Services, Inc, according to WTOC. Her husband was officially employed with the organization, and was working inside the Dacula, Georgia Publix on a contract basis, as his job was maintaining and cleaning vents for a variety of consumers.

She has not responded to press inquiries, nor have her lawyers. The exact monetary amount Blount is suing the supermarket for has not been announced.

The supermarket chain has followed suit. A spokesperson for Publix declined to comment on the pending lawsuit, citing company-wide policy.

Publix has stores throughout Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee.

[Featured Image: Flickr/brownpau