Ad
Ad
THC gummy bears

WARNING! Nearly a dozen teens sickened by pot-filled gummy bears; mom arrested after toddlers eat marijuana-laced gummy stash

Eleven Indiana 18- and 19-year-olds were hospitalized Thursday after they ingested what police say were THC-infused gummy bears, reports WNDU.

Authorities responded to a call just before midnight on Thursday and found a 19-year-old man who said he was camping with his friends. He couldn’t be sure of their location as he wasn’t familiar with the area.

He told the officers that he wanted to go to the hospital and that he and his friends had ingested an unknown drug.

Police located a home in the area where they found ten other people. All eleven said they were experiencing rapid heart rate, pain in the legs and blurred vision, and for some, hallucinations.

Six of the group were men and five were women.

Four of those were taken to Franciscan St. Anthony Hospital in Michigan City and seven went to LaPorte Hospital.

Authorities determined that each person had eaten one-half of some gummy bears that police believe were laced with THC.

THC, tetrahydrocannabinol, is an active ingredient in marijuana.

High levels of THC were found in only two of the patients.

NWI Times reports that the LaPorte County Drug Task Force is trying to determine where the 18- and 19-year-olds obtained the candies, and the LaPorte County prosecutor’s office will review the case to determine whether charges will be filed.

Meanwhile, a Florida mother was recently arrested when her two children, ages three and four, ate marijuana-laced gummy bears that she reportedly left on a table in her home. She’s now facing charges of child abuse.

Crime Online reported recently that $1 million worth of meth-infused lollipops were found in a Texas home. Police found a man and a woman packing up their car with the candies after burglarizing what police believe was the dealer’s house.

Police suspect that the lollipops were mean to target children. They said that, even if they weren’t, the candy could easily be ingested by a child who mistook it for a regular lollipop.

Authorities said that this incident was the first time they had seen meth in this form.