Attorneys seeking $100 million in damages from Michael Jackson’s estate are on a global hunt for Jordan Chandler, the boy who accused the King of Pop of molesting him in 1993. They are hoping Chandler will talk to them and back up claims made by choreographer and dancer, Wade Robson, and former child star, James Safechuck. Both accused Jackson of molesting them.
New York Daily News reports that after searching high and low in the U.S., investigators are now searching looking worldwide for Chandler, who received $20 million in a settlement from Jackson after the then-13-year-old’s father accused the singer of molestation. According to a disclosed source, Robson and Safechuck feel that if they can find Chandler and talk to him, they’ll have a better chance of convincing him to tell his story publicly.
“Wade and Jimmy want to look Jordie in the eye and talk to him about what they suffered. They feel that they may appeal to him to finally tell his story.”
Jordan Chandler, the first man to publicly accuse Jackson of child molestation, is a “vital piece of the puzzle.” https://t.co/yNvQa6wYXZ
— News Stream (@newsstreamworld) July 10, 2017
Attorney Vince Finaldi, who represents both Robson and Safechuck, said that Chandler’s story could help prove Jackson indeed molested others.
“He’s a key piece of the puzzle surrounding this case, and we’re not going to stop until we find him.”
So far, no one had had any luck in locating Chandler. After he won his lawsuit against Jackson, he moved away from California and has been rarely seen since. He’s never once spoken publicly about the settlement.
Both Robson and Safechuck are facing a lot of criticism for their claims, especially from Jackson fans who question why it took them so long to come forward with their accusations. Robson, in particular, who made his claims in 2013, is under a lot of scrutiny since he testified on Jackson’s behalf during the 2005 molestation trial brought forth by another Jackson accuser, Gavin Arvizo.
“Mr. Robson was one of my strongest witnesses in Michael Jackson’s criminal trial,” lawyer Tom Mesereau said in 2013. “I called him to the stand at the beginning of the defense case and he was adamant that he had never been improperly touched or molested. This makes no sense.”
Robson claimed that it wasn’t until his own son was born and after going through therapy that he realized what Jackson allegedly did to him was inappropriate. He claims that the “Thriller” singer molested him for around seven years while he was a child.
— KL (@KL__DK) October 4, 2015
Safechuck, who was in a 1987 Pepsi commercial and later accompanied Jackson on his Bad tour, filed an amended lawsuit against Jackson in 2016. He claimed that the sexual abuse happened between 1988 and 1992. Safechuck said that as he grew older and reached puberty, he became a “throwaway” to Jackson, who reportedly abruptly stopped contacting him. Yet, a photo surfaced in 2016 that showed a 16-year-old Safechuck hanging out with Jackson in 1994, while in Budapest. Safechuck would have been around 16 at the time.
Last month, Safechuck’s amended lawsuit against MJJ Ventures, Inc., and MJJ Productions, Inc. was dismissed by the Superior Court of California. It was the second lawsuit Safechuck filed against Jackson to get dismissed.
Budapest 1994- Michael Jackson with his wife Lisa Presles & James/Jimmy Safechuck. pic.twitter.com/pLfop51RHI
— Omer ♥ (@LoveAlinchen100) April 11, 2016
Robson’s trial is scheduled to start in March 2018.
[Feature Photo: AP/Joel Ryan, File]