A Florida man and woman are lucky to be alive after their SUV blew up the moment the wife lit up a cigarette on Sunday afternoon.
Orlando Sentinel reports that the accident happened around 3:30 p.m at the Central Florida Fairgrounds in Orlando. The couple, whose names haven’t been identified, were on their way to a cookout with a portable propane tank in the back of their red Kia Sorento. The propane gas tank was attached and turned on, according to Orlando Police Lt. Cindy Lane.
A gas grill being transported inside this car exploded when passenger lit a cigarette. 2 in car sustained burns; not life threatening. pic.twitter.com/76OaeJiCiv
— Orlando Police (@OrlandoPolice) August 13, 2017
When the wife, riding passenger, lit up a cigarette, the SUV exploded, but kept moving westbound until it crashed into a pole. Luckily, both people survived the incident and escaped with burning to their skin. Authorities said their injuries were not life-threatening.
No further information was available. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.
[Feature Photo: Orlando Police Department]