‘Sociopath’: Male teenager allegedly sexually assaults multiple victims and murders young mom in front of kids

Indiana police have arrested a 15-year-old male and accused him of a litany of crimes, including serial rape and the murder of a young mother, as reported by ABC7.

The unidentified suspect was initially picked up by Hammond authorities after being accused of committing multiple rapes in just one month.

Now, investigators allege that the teenager murdered a local mom right in front of her three children.

Lucia Gonzalez, 25, was stabbed to death in her kitchen last week, according to CBS Chicago. Her three children — ages six, two and one — were found by police inside the home with the victim’s dead body.

As far as the rapes, the suspect was allegedly seen on surveillance cameras threatening an unidentified 25-year-old woman with a hammer and sexually assaulting her on August 8. Several days earlier, on July 26, a 14-year-old girl alleged that she was also raped by a young man wielding a hammer, as previously reported by ABC7.

Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott did not mince words when he discussed the 15-year-old suspect, who remains unidentified due to a gag order issued by a local judge.

“Depraved young man. I talked to the officers who arrested him and there was ice blood, there is basically ice water in his veins. Described to me as a sociopath,” he said.

The Indiana State Police Crime Lab confirmed DNA evidence links the suspect to both rapes, police said. Investigators have not released evidence as to why they link the suspect to the murder of 25-year-old Gonzalez, however.

“Initially, the investigation was leading investigators to believe that it was an isolated incident. However, our investigators continue their investigation around the clock and develop information that the homicide could be related to the rapes,” said Detective Ezekiel Hinojosa.

Prosecutors are working to obtain proper cause to treat the suspect as an adult as he works his way through the legal system.

“We have to file a petition to waive him into adult court. That takes time. That’s not done yet. It could take possibly months maybe,” Lake County Prosecutor Bernard Carter said.

The 15-year-old is being held at a juvenile detention facility. His bond hearing date has not been set.

[Featured Image: CBS Chicago/ screenshot]