Ad
Ad

Argument over money leads son to rape 63-year-old mother and break her neck: Prosecutors

Prosecutors say it was an argument over money that led an Ohio man to assault his mother earlier this year in a brutal attack that included rape and an array of physical injuries.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported the 46-year-old defendant’s trial began this week with opening statements delivered Tuesday in a Hamilton County court.

Police believe the man, who, along with the 63-year-old victim, is not being identified by media outlets, dragged and beat his mother during an altercation in March. Court documents further allege he “forcibly raped her.”

Among her many physical injuries was a broken neck, court documents show.

WXIX reported the defendant pleaded guilty to charges of rape, felonious assault and kidnapping Tuesday and was sentenced to 11 years in prison.

According to the Enquirer, he attempted at one point during court proceedings to change his guilty plea.

“Not guilty,” he reportedly said in response to the judge’s question about his plea to the felonious assault charge.

“I take my plea back,” he continued. “I want to go to trial with this. It’s all bogus and lies.”

Defense attorney Edward Keller said his client was “having a hard time wrapping his mind around” spending more than a decade behind bars.

The defendant ultimately pleaded guilty in a deal that meant he was not charged with additional counts of attempted rape and abduction.

Calling the incident and its aftermath a “bad situation,” he told the judge he did not remember attacking his mother.

“I blacked out, somebody slipped me something in my drink,” he said. “I don’t even know what was going on. I just don’t know.”

[Featured image: Pixabay]