Fourth Las Vegas shooting survivor dies suddenly as Clark County Sheriff dismisses internet rumors

A fourth Las Vegas shooting survivor has died suddenly in the weeks following the deadly gun massacre; this time in a hit-and-run accident as the victim was attempting to hitchhike.

KSNV reports that Roy McClellan was walking on Homestead and Highway 160 in Pahrump, outside of Las Vegas, on November 17 when he was killed by a hit-and-run driver who is still at large. McLellan was reportedly among the 20,000 attendees at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas on October 1 when Steven Paddock opened fire on the concertgoers, killing 58 people and injuring over 500 more.

McClellan’s wife Denise, who was with him during the shooting massacre, told the news station that he was struggling to process the horrifying ordeal.

“It was really messing with his head and he was going to therapy,” Denise McClellan said.

Roy was reportedly hitchhiking when he was hit by a car. It is not known why he was hitching a ride or where he was planning on going.


“I’m angry. I’m angry. I feel that [the driver] was under the influence of something or drunk and didn’t want to get caught, so he bailed and left my husband laying there in the street. He doesn’t deserve that,” Denise said of the hit-and-run suspect.

The grieving wife said she can’t understand why her husband was spared during the shooting only to be killed a few weeks later.

“This isn’t what I wanted for him. I don’t understand why he wasn’t taken at the shooting, but a month later he was taken this way …I hope my husband found peace and he’s safe now.”

A GoFundMe campaign has been launched to help the family with expenses.

McClellan is the fourth known Las Vegas shooting survivor to die suddenly since the massacre, and his death will no doubt prop of one of the major conspiracy theories around the shooting, that survivors who might offer a different narrative then what is being presented in the media are somehow being killed off.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Dennis Carver and Lorraine Carver, a married couple who survived the shooting, were killed just two weeks later a fiery single-car accident near their home in Riverside, California. They are survived by two daughters, one in her teens and one in her twenties.

And just one week after the shooting, 29-year-old Kymberley Suchomel of Apple Valley, California, was found dead in her home by her grandmother. Suchomel’s friends told CrimeOnline that she had suffered from a benign brain tumor and a form of epilepsy, and said Kymberley told them she had three seizures the day before she died — which was highly unusual.  Her friends said the seizures were typically triggered by stress and that Kymberley had been been under a great deal of stress following the terrifying ordeal. Those who know her insisted she died of natural causes.

The news of the latest survivor’s death comes just after Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo spoke to the media for the first time in a month, dismissing social media rumors that he had decided not to run for office because of the pressure of being the media point person for the Las Vegas shooting investigation.

Sheriff Lombardo also told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that gunman Stephen Paddock fired over 1,100 rounds the night of the shooting and had 4,000 more in his arsenal. The sheriff said he still does not know why Paddock stopped shooting, and said investigators have not yet pinpointed a motive.

The sheriff also noted that he was “frustrated” by the rumors and conspiracy theories surrounding the shooting and said he expected to provide another media update sometime in the next few weeks.


[Feature image: GoFundMe/Roy McLellan]