Pregnant woman dies after dropping phone charger in bath, just days from giving birth: Cops

French authorities have revealed that a 21-year-old pregnant died while taking a bath on New Year’s Eve after likely dropping her charging phone in the water, as reported by The Sun.

The unnamed woman was eight and a half months pregnant and due to give birth just days after the horrific encounter, which also killed the baby.

Investigators have stated that her husband went out for a bit without his keys. When his wife failed to answer the phone he became concerned, eventually kicking the bathroom door in and finding her submerged in the electricity-soaked bath water, according to The Local France.

Her husband immediately called emergency services, but their attempts at resuscitating both mother and child were unsuccessful. The woman’s official cause of death was cardiac arrest.

This is an active investigation, and French police have not officially ruled it an accident, but they have noted that the charging phone was spotted “in the immediate vicinity” of the bath, creating the narrative that she accidentally dropped it in the water, though there are other ways to become electrocuted by a charging phone.

Her husband was admitted to the hospital and treated for shock after coming home to find his wife and unborn child dead.

“You’re wet, which conducts electricity a lot better; you’re in the bath with no clothes on, so skin resistance is less. You’re vulnerable in the bathroom,” product safety manager Steve Curtler told the BBC back in March, when a similar incident occurred, killing a 32-year-old man.

[Featured Image: Pixabay]