O.J. Simpson apparently feels that a Las Vegas hotel he was banned from last month portrayed in a negative light, to the point where he may sue the upscale establishment for $100 million.
New York Post reports that on Nov. 8, the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas kicked an alleged “drunk” Simpson out and banned him after he reportedly acted belligerent and disruptive while patronizing the Clique Bar & Lounge. According to Simpson’s attorney, Malcolm LaVergne, the hotel acted “with malice and racial prejudice” by booting and banning the former NFL star.
“Mr. Simpson in the past has taken this approach that if you slap him on one cheek he would just turn the other one. He basically took it on the chin. He has been doing it for three decades, since the mid-90s. His status has changed now,” LaVergne said in a letter sent out to the media, according to KNTV.
— Matt Jones (@TheMateoJones) January 6, 2018
According to the police report, Simpson was accused of breaking glasses inside the hotel’s bar at around midnight, after growing angry at the employees. Security guards later removed him from the hotel.
Lavergne claims that surveillance footage showed Simpson was friendly and sober on the night in question, but when confronted with the footage, the hotel failed to reverse its decision to ban Simpson. Lavergne also said, however, it wasn’t too late yet for the hotel to make things right before a lawsuit is filed.
“Now if they do that and say mea culpa… Mr. Simpson did nothing wrong in the same manner they went out with the big TMZ campaign back in November, okay all’s well that ends well,” LaVergne said.
The story is still developing. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.
[Feature Photo: OJ Simpson/AP Photo/Ethan Miller, Pool, File]