Christina Bennet, Rhonda Jones and Megan Oxendine

After 3 women killed within blocks of each other, investigators make public plea for information

Three North Carolina women were killed last year within a few blocks of each other. Seven months later, authorities and the victims’ families are still looking for answers.

As ABC News reported, the FBI announced this week that it is offering as much as $30,000 in reward money for anyone with information that leads to a prosecution related to the deaths of Christina Bennett, Rhonda Jones and Megan Oxendine, who died between April and June in a Lumberton neighborhood.

Federal investigators became involved in the case after Oxendine, the third victim, was found dead outside a home on June 3, 2017. Bennett and Jones were found dead on the same day each other, less than two months earlier, at separate residences in the area.

Authorities indicate the cause of death has not been determined for any of the women.

According to FBI special agent John Strong, the key to solving the case could lie in the testimony of someone familiar with any part of the timeline of events.

“Every part of our work as law enforcement benefits from help we receive from the public,” he explained in a statement. “We need the community’s assistance, the people’s eyes and ears, information from friends and neighbors.”

As the Robesonian reported, finding out what happened to the three victims is also a primary concern for Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill. He said it is still unclear whether all three deaths are related and echoed Strong’s plea for tips from the public.

“Let me reassure you that we are committed to finding out the answers,” he said. “We hope the people of Lumberton will help us.”

The FBI urges anyone with any information about the victims last known whereabouts to call 704-672-6100 and select option 2.

[Featured image: Christina Bennett, Rhonda Jones and Megan Oxendine/Lumberton Police Department]