The Los Angeles Police Department cleared actor Corey Feldman from a sexual battery investigation after an unknown woman filed charges on him last month.
The Blast reports that the LAPD conducted a detailed report into the matter after an alleged victim said that Feldman groped her in Feb. 2017.
“After a comprehensive investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office rejected the filing of a criminal complaint against my client Corey Feldman,” Feldman’s lawyer, Perry Wander, said.
THANK GOD I COULD HIRE THIS WONDERFUL ATTORNEY DUE 2 YOUR SUPPORT!: Corey Feldman Won't Face Charges From Sexual Battery Accusation https://t.co/2D1MdOm2s8
— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) February 5, 2018
Feldman, apparently pleased with the outcome of the investigation, took to Twitter to express his gratitude to the LA City Attorney’s office. Feldman has maintained his innocence since the accusation was made, stating that groping women was against everything he stood for. Wander said that Feldman has “long been a vocal advocate against sexual harassment and abuse, and has maintained his innocence and now is vindicated.”
Feldman filed his own sexual abuse report last year with the LAPD, but the California statute of limitations had already passed.
“Unfortunately, according to California law, the alleged occurrence is out of statute and Robbery/Homicide detectives have no other avenues to pursue this case,” an LAPD spokesperson told New York Daily News last year.
Feldman continues to fight to expose Hollywood pedophilia. Last year, he was named a national ambassador of Child USA, where he helps fight for justice for childhood sexual abuse victims.
Check back with CrimeOnline as we continue to investigate Hollywood pedophilia accusations.
[Feature Photo: Corey Feldman via AP/Richard Shotwell/Invision]