Gang banger ‘sorry’ for mistaken identity killing of innocent teen boy, caught on surveillance camera

The killers reportedly believed, mistakenly, that the 15-year-old victim was the same person seen in a sex video with a relative of a gang member

A New York City gang leader has apologized for the senseless murder of an innocent teen boy — the apparent victim of a case of mistaken identity.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, 15-year-old Lesandro Guzman-Feliz died late Wednesday night after a group of four men dragged him out of a bodega in the Bronx, attacking him with a machete and another knife — as surveillance cameras recorded the violent scene on the sidewalk.

Guzman-Feliz initially survived the brutal attack and ran towards a nearby hospital, collapsed and died of his injuries.

It now appears that the teen’s killers, who have not been apprehended, mistook him for someone else. According to a report in the New York Post, authorities believe Guzman-Feliz was mistakenly identified as a man seen in a sex video with a woman related to a member of a gang believed to have been responsible for the violent attack.

Guzman-Feliz does not appear to have had any gang affiliations and had stayed out of trouble. His mother told the New York Post that he had wanted to become a police officer ever since he was a child, and at the time of this death he was enrolled in an academic program for aspiring police officers.

The victim’s family told the New York Post that a leader of the Dominican gang Trinitarios apologized for the teen’s death in a Snapchat post, acknowledging that he wasn’t the intended target.

“I know it doesn’t mean a lot. It wasn’t supposed to be him,” the message said, Derek Grullon told the newspaper. Grullon, is the boyfriend of Guzman-Feliz’s sister Genesis, also said that those responsible for the killing have been expelled from the gang.

“He [the gang leader] said they kicked all of them out of the gang,” Grullon said.

Police are continuing to investigate the murder. A law enforcement source told the New York Post that detectives are “still sorting out tons of information/misinformation.”

“The stabbing murder of this young man is among the most brutal crimes I’ve seen in my 36 year career,” Chief of Department Terence Monahan said in a tweet.