Outrage: Police tell woman to stop calling 911 just before murder

Within hours after police telling her stop calling for help, she was dead

Just hours before a Florida woman was allegedly shot and killed by her boyfriend, police officers apparently told her to “stop calling 911.”

WESH reports that Latina Herring, 35, was seen on Sanford police body camera footage arguing with boyfriend, Allen Cashe, on early Friday morning at around 3:30 a.m. The first call took place outside of a Wawa convenience store, where police were called after Herring accused Cashe of taking her keys. Cashe told police that he didn’t have her keys and that he “wasn’t playing games.” He accused Herring of coming home drunk from a club and making things up.

Police left, but within 20 minutes, but were called again to Herring’s home off of Hayes Drive. When they arrived, officers can be heard accusing Herring of making false accusations. An officer in the body cam footage stated that Cashe and Herring were arguing, but no physical altercation took place.

“She’s making false accusations. It’s the second time she’s done it,” one of the responding officers said.

Another officer told Herring to stop calling 911.

“We’re going to handle it. Just stop calling 911 and making accusations that you don’t know about.”

Cashe was placed in handcuffs and put in the back of a patrol cruiser while they talked to both parties, but they later released him and summed the argument up to a “civil matter.”

READ This: Man who stabbed Dad at church after being ‘moved by the message,’ sentenced to 10 years in prison

Apparently Cashe called the police himself on one occasion. Officers surmised he was afraid he was going to harm Herring and called for help, although he didn’t admit to it. Herring, apparently disturbed that nothing was being done, reportedly remarked that she should have just told police that Cash hit her.

Around three hours later, Cashe allegedly returned to Herring’s home at close to 6:30 a.m., carrying an AK-47. He reportedly shot and killed Herring and her 8-year-old child. Herring’s father and her 7-year-old, also inside the home, were shot, but are expected to survive.

“I can’t stress enough that this scene is one of the worst that our officers and investigators have ever responded to,” Sanford police spokeswoman Bianca Gillett said. “It’s horrific.”

A neighbor told police that she heard around 12 gunshots coming from inside Herring’s home.

Sanford Police Chief Cecil E. Smith said that Cashe was thoroughly searched for weapons by the officers, who had no know way of knowing that he planned to get a firearm and start shooting at the victim and her family.

“There is no way for us to predict what was going to take place. We did everything that we believe was possible. We searched him, we searched his vehicle, we searched his surroundings around him as well and no firearm was found.”

After the shootings, Cashe reportedly fled the scene and shot two innocent bystanders near Marshall Avenue. Both were rushed to the hospital and are expected to survive. Police tracked Cashe down to a nearby apartment complex, where he was arrested without innocent.

Cashe faces “homicide, four counts of attempted first degree premeditated homicide, one count of second degree attempted homicide, one count of felon with a firearm, and one count of violation of parole – felon with a firearm.” He’s being held without bond.

[Feature Image: Police Handout/Facebook]