Cause of death revealed: Death of 13-year-old Shavon Randle died from multiple gunshot wounds

Police have revealed that Shavon Le’Feye Randle, a missing 13-year-old who was found dead in an abandoned home last Saturday, died from gunshot wounds to the head and torso, according to The Dallas Morning News. 

The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office, who made the announcement on Friday, also ruled her death a homicide.

As Crime Online previously reported, Randle was kidnapped from her Lancaster, Texas, home on June 28. At the time, authorities issued an Amber Alert and said the teen was in grave and immediate danger.

On June 30, Lancaster police identified four people they believed were involved in Randle’s disappearance: Darius Fields, 26, and Laporshya Polley, 25, Devontae Owens, 24, and Michael Titus, 19. Authorities said they were in the midst of questioning Fields and Polley, while Owens and Titus were unaccounted for.

Crime Online also reported on the FBI’s official announcement that authorities discovered the bodies of Randle and Titus in an abandoned Dallas home on June 2. A search warrant revealed that Titus was found with a pistol in his right hand. The Medical Examiner’s Office said the 19-year-old was shot in the head, deeming his death a homicide.

According to KXAS, another suspect, Desmond Jones, 21, led officers to their bodies. Jones was later arrested and charged with failure to report a felony resulting in death. While police believe he knew Randle and Titus were murdered, Jones hasn’t been tied to their kidnapping.

Randle was supposedly murdered “in retaliation” for a June 26 drug robbery involving a relative’s boyfriend. Kendall Perkins, 22, confessed to officers that he and three accomplices stole 22 pounds of marijuana from a Lancaster motel, according to police documents obtained by The Dallas Morning News.

While the Titus’ family admitted that Michael was no angel, they believe he was terrified of Owens and Fields, who mentored him and brought him into the drug-dealing world.

Chequetta Dyer said Michael Titus sent the following message to his girlfriend shortly after Shavon’s disappearance.

“If you don’t hear from me by Tuesday, let my momma know, ’cause they done killed me.”

Owens was charged with aggravated kidnapping and is being held on $500,000 bail. His bodyguard, Laquon Wilkerson, 30, is accused of aggravated kidnapping for ransom and his bail was set at $1 million, jail records detailed.

Fields was hit with drug and weapon charges and is being held on $100,500 bail. Polley is facing drug charges, after allegedly attempting to flush marijuana down a toilet in a motel room she shared with Fields. She is being held on $600,000 bail.

[Featured Image: Lancaster County Police]