Ad
Ad

BREAKING: Mandalay Bay hotel group releases statement regarding security guard’s whereabouts

The Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino security guard who was shot by Stephen Paddock may not be missing after all — according to a cryptic statement from MGM Resorts International, which operates that hotel where Paddock opened fire on a crowd attending a country music festival on October 1, killing 58 people and injuring hundreds more.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Jesus Campos had scheduled his first media appearances on Thursday, but took off from an unidentified hotel in the afternoon after his media representative briefly left his side. David Hickey, president of the Security, Police, and Fire Professionals of America (SPFPA), told CrimeOnline on Monday that Campos was with another security official when he left the hotel, and that Hickey was told they went to a walk-in medical clinic. Hickey was not clear why Campos would be seeking urgent medical care, though the 24-year-old is reportedly recovering from a gunshot wound to the leg.

Hickey told us that he had no idea where Campos was as of Monday afternoon, and had not heard from or about him since Thursday.

On Tuesday, MGM Resorts International responded to an inquiry about Campos’s whereabouts with the following statement, which reads in full:

Jesus Campos wants to tell his story at a time and place of his choosing. He’s asked that everyone respect his request for privacy. We could not be more proud of Jesus.

An MGM representative did not immediately respond to follow-up questions about the statement.

CrimeOnline will update the story when more information becomes available.