The college-aged son of disgraced Fox News host Eric Bolling died of an accidental drug overdose, according to a medical examiner’s report.
According to the Denver Post, the Boulder County Coroner’s Office revealed that Eric Chase Bolling, 19, died after ingesting a strong opioid along with marijuana and xanax. The death has been ruled an accidental overdose.
The coroner’s report also reveals that a white powder was found at the scene of Bolling’s death at an apartment near the University of Colorado Boulder, but the substance has not been identified. Bolling also reportedly had a history of drug abuse.
The college student’s death came a month after his father Eric was suspended from Fox News following allegations that he sent lewd text messages to female co-workers.
The elder Bolling said in media statement’s following his son’s death that he believed the cause was accidental and that it had nothing to do with his own professional troubles.
“I believe it is beyond inappropriate for anyone to bring in the tragic death of my son Eric Chase Bolling,” Bolling said in a statement obtained by the Daily Camera. “My parting from Fox News was in no way connected to the tragic news of my son’s passing.
“The coroner has in fact indicated to us that they believe it was an accident.”
On Thursday, Eric Bolling announced the results of the medical examiner’s report in a Facebook post:
[Feature image: Facebook]