Two detectives face charges for handcuffing teen girl, raping her in police van: DA

Two New York detectives were formally indicted by a grand jury on Thursday for first-degree rape charges after they allegedly handcuffed a teen and sexually assaulted inside their police van last month.

New York Post reports that the victim, an 18-year-old female, told authorities that two NYPD officers, identified as Eddie Martins and Richard Hall, targeted her after they found unauthorized prescription medications in a car she was riding in with male friends. The victim’s attorney, Michael David, said the officers pulled the vehicle over during a traffic stop at Calvert Vaux Park in Coney Island on Sept. 15.

The officers let two men in the car go, but held the teen behind and while searching her for drugs, demanded that she undress, according to David. They reportedly didn’t find any drugs on her, but still handcuffed her and brought her to the precinct, where they pressured her to have sex with them.

“You’ll spend three hours in the precinct,” the officers said, according to David. “This is what you’re going to do for us, and we’ll let you go.”

“There was zero consent,” the lawyer continued. “The cops were over 6 feet tall. She’s very petite, like 5-2 and maybe 100 pounds. There’s nothing she could do.”

ORIGINAL Story: Teen claims NYPD detectives handcuffed her and forced her to perform sex acts

The teen alleged that they drove her to a Coney Island Chipotle parking lot, where they both raped her and forced her to perform oral sex.

The officers, who work for NYPD’s Brooklyn South narcotics squad, said the teen lied and that the incident did happen, but it was a consensual act and she was never pressured into it. The victim, known as Anna Chambers on social media, was shocked when the officers claimed she agreed to it. She took to social media to vent her frustrations.

“The dynamic will change when there are court proceedings. The allegations repeatedly and publicly alleged by the plaintiff’s lawyer will need to be supported by credible evidence and withstand scrutiny,” said Martins’ attorney.

Both officers are on administrative leave without pay. Court records indicate that detectives’ DNA was found after a rape kit was performed on the victim at NYU Langone Hospital.

Meanwhile, the victim’s lawyer stated that people were “shaming” her after the incident, which ultimately makes it difficult for additional victims of abuse to come forward.

“Additionally, we request that all this shaming and smearing of the victim of this vicious attack be stopped immediately. We look forward to the conviction of these individuals.”

[Feature Photo: Twitter]