House of Cards star Kevin Spacey is apparently taking some time off to get a medical evaluation and treatment amid several sexual assault and misconduct accusations recently thrown against him.
Deadline reports that Spacey’s spokesperson, Staci Wolfe of Polaris, released a statement indicating that Spacey is scheduled to take the necessary time for treatment and evaluation, but she didn’t go into details of what it entailed.
— Michael Paulson (@MichaelPaulson) November 2, 2017
“Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment. No other information is available at this time.”
As CrimeOnline previously reported, actor Anthony Rapp opened up last weekend and accused fellow actor Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct, alleged to have taken place during the 1980s when Rapp was just 14 years old. Spacey replied to the accusation, apologizing to Rapp on Twitter on Sunday, but when his admission of being gay added into the apology, it didn’t go over well.
Rapp, who starred in the 1993 movie, Dazed and Confused, and currently stars in the television show, Star Trek: Discovery, said Spacey made a pass at him after a party at Spacey’s Manhattan apartment in 1986.
Rapp claimed was the only teen at the party and was watching television in Spacey’s bedroom, unaware that the party had ended. He alleged Spacey walked into the room, picked him up as a groom would a bride, laid him on his bed, then got on top of him in a “sexual manner.”
“My impression when he came in the room was that he was drunk … He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don’t, like, squirm away initially, because I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ And then he lays down on top of me. He was trying to seduce me. I don’t know if I would have used that language. But I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually.”
Spacey stated he didn’t remember the encounter that happened over 30 years, but nonetheless, offered Rapp an apology. It was his comments that followed his apology, according to WSBV-TV, that angered and frustrated masses of social media users.
— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) October 30, 2017
Other claims of sexual abuse followed, including those from film director Tony Montana who said Spacey groped him in 2003, and from actor Roberto Cavazos, who claimed he had encounters with Spacey “that verged on what you could call harassment,” according to MSN.
Further, a man under the alias “John” said that as a teen, he woke up to Spacey to on top of him in an alleged sexual manner, BBC reports.
Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.
[Feature Photo: AP/Evan Agostini/Invision]