Another “Charles in Charge” co-star has come forward with accusations against actor Scott Baio, amid the claim from actress Nicole Eggert that Baio sexually molested her when she was a teen.
People reports that Alexander Polinsky, now 43, had a recurring role on the 1980s television show, “Charles in Charge,” from age 11 to 15. It was during that time, according to Polinsky, that Baio not only physically attacked him, but also insulted him and called him homophobic slurs.
Charles in Charge's Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Physical Assault & Mental Abuse https://t.co/sWq180DSg5
— People (@people) February 8, 2018
“Working on the set of ‘Charles in Charge’ from age 11 to 15 was no picnic; it was a toxic environment,” Polinksy said in a statement to “The View.” “I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show. I walked in on them together behind the set. Nicole was on Scott’s lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs.”
“Growing up on the show I received regular verbal attacks, mental abuse and I also suffered a physical assault at the hands of Scott Baio,” Polinsky continued in the statement. “There is no excuse for his behavior. It is abhorrent.”
Polinksy added that both he and Eggert were both underage at the time when the alleged abuse took place. Polinsky said that they were not offered a “safe passage” to be kids while working on the “Charles in Charge” set, and by speaking out on the issues today, he hopes that experiences for current and future child stars will be different.
“For the sake of the next generation of young artists we must empower parents and social workers to heed the signals, ask the proper questions and protect children from monsters in the workplace. The cycle of abuse must stop. Even 30 years after the acts, they still matter.”
Meanwhile, Eggert, who recently claimed Baio sexually assaulted her when she was 14, after he began pursuing her “immediately, as soon as we first started shooting.” She filed her own police report against the actor earlier this month.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Eggert said she took Baio up on his suggestions to file her complaint against him with the proper channels, after he slammed her for accusing him of sexual assault on social media before filing a police report.
“He [Baio] asked for it; that’s what we’re going to do,” Eggert said.
While Baio vehemently denies the accusations that Eggert made against him, he’s not yet made public comment on Polinsky’s allegations. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.
[Feature Photo: Scott Baio via AP/Amy Sussman/Invision]