Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin’s ex says he broke her jaw in two places and choked her unconscious: Report

Texas police are investing a domestic abuse incident after a woman claimed Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Trevone Boykin attacked her last Tuesday, leaving her unconscious with brutal injuries.

WFAA reports that Boykin is accused of beating his girlfriend, Shabrika Bailey, in his Mansfield home on Tuesday night after they began arguing over text messages. Bailey told WFAA that Boykin demanded to see her phone and the situation quickly escalated when she refused.

“So he goes into a choke. I remember him choking me and I’m trying to calm him down. And I just couldn’t. And I blacked out. I just couldn’t calm him down at all. The pressure was just hard. The pressure got hard to where I just remember just collapsing completely. And I just woke up in a puddle of blood on the kitchen floor. My whole right side was full of blood on the kitchen floor.”

Afterward, the quarterback allegedly dragged Bailey to the bathroom, where she said he tried to clean her up after taking her clothes off. He drove her to the Dallas Regional Medical Center in Mesquite on Wednesday, and the medical staff, sensing something was off, separated the pair. Detectives later put Bailey under investigation.

Doctors determined Bailey had a constricted airway and had her airlifted to the Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. She was diagnosed a concussion and a broken jaw on both the left and right side of her face. Bailey was released from the hospital on Saturday, and although Bailey reportedly asked her to “cover” for him, she refused, although she admitted it was something she’s done in the past.

“His first suggestion was to say that I fell. Then he suggested that I got beat up by a girl, or jumped. Then he suggested that I fell again……He’s saying basically since we’ve already been in a case we don’t need nothing else. And of course his football career is on the line. That’s his main goal, just ‘my football career is on the line.”

Bailey explained that in 2017, she was arrested alongside Bailey after she crashed into a pedestrian while allegedly driving under the influence. She explained to WFAA that Boykin was physically assaulting her while she drove, causing the crash, but she never reported his attack.

“He leaned over, attacked me, and choked me unconscious which made the car go into drive to reverse.”

Meanwhile, Boykin still has not been arrested for the incident, although the Seahawks cut him from the team shortly after the information became public. According to NCB Sports, Boykin continues to deny any inolvement in Bailey’s injuries.

“I understand the Seahawks’ decision to release me,” Boykin said. “The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization and on me. I want to be clear that the story is false. The police have taken statements from the accuser, another witness and me. All of these statements confirm that I was not involved in the physical altercation. This woman has lied about me, and it has cost me my job.”

The story is still developing. Check back CrimeOnline as additional details become available.

[Feature Photo: Trevone Boykin/Police Handout]