Alleged Waffle House shooter thought Taylor Swift was stalking him, hacking into his Netflix account: Police

A Tennessee man accused of walking into a Waffle House while partially nude on Sunday and fatally shooting four people said that the suspect thought singer Taylor Swift was stalking him, according to previous police reports.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Travis Reinking, 29, an Illinois native currently living in Tennessee, not only thought that Swift was stalking him but that she also hacked into his cellphone and Netflix account. Paperwork provided by Illinois authorities indicate that the documented delusions started around 2016 when Reinking reportedly started carrying a gun with him. His family stated his delusions actually started a few years earlier in 2014.

The first incident documented by authorities in 2016 occurred in Morton, Illinois, when Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office deputies found the suspect in a CVS parking lot after he claimed Swift was following him around. Reinking told responding officers that Swift yelled at him from a nearby restaurant parking lot before running away after he yelled at her to stop harassing him. He told authorities that everyone, including his own family had been stalking him, but it all started with pop singer Swift.

“Travis believed everyone including his own family and the police are involved,” the 2016 report read. “Travis stated he did not want to hurt Taylor Swift or anyone else, he only wanted the harassment to stop.”

“Taylor climbed up the side of a building and Travis followed. However, when he reached the rooftop, Taylor was gone,” the report continued.

Tazewell County Sheriff Robert Huston released five documents indicating other bizarre incidents, one that happened in 2017 after he allegedly broke into a city pool in Tremont wearing only a pink robe and underwear. He later disrobed and began swimming in the pool, where police apprehended him, according to WKRN. When police arrived, the suspect exited the pool but exposed his genitals to the responding officers while yelling at them that he was a man.

On the same day, a construction worker at J&J Cranes in Tremont reported that Reinking showed up to the construction site carrying an .AR-15 rifle.

“The police reports speak for themselves. I think anyone can conclude after reading them that there’s evidence (Reinking) has mental health issues,” Huston said in an news conference on Sunday.

No charges were filed against Reinking but police told his family to get rid of all his guns and get him mental help.

In July 2017, the U.S. Secret Service arrested the suspect close to the White House after he refused to leave the area. The suspect reportedly told authorities that he needed to talk to the President and wouldn’t leave until he did. He was later given 32 hours of community service and banned from going near the White House. Authorities also revoked his Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card.

On Sunday, police surrounded Reinking’s apartment after he allegedly went to a nearby Antioch Waffle House earlier that morning with a loaded AR-15 rifle. He shot and killed two people in the parking lot before going inside the restaurant, according to police, then shot two others to death once inside. He then fled the scene and has yet to be captured.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigations (TBI) reports that Reinking stands 6 foot 4 inches tall and weighs around 180 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes and considered extremely armed and dangerous. TBI is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information that leads to his capture.

[Feature Photo: Travis Reinking/Police Handout]