Johnny Bobbitt Jr and Kate McClure

All of $400K GoFundMe money raised to help homeless man Johnny Bobbitt is GONE, lawyer says

The lawyer representing a homeless man who gave his last $20 to a couple stranded on a Pennsylvania interstate last year says there is no money left from a GoFundMe account the pair created to help the Good Samaritan.

ABC6 reports that Chris Fallon, lawyer for Johnny Bobbitt, received a call this morning from the attorneys for Mark D’Amico and Katie McClure. McClure ran out of gas in Pennsylvania last November, when Bobbitt approached her and offered his last bit of money to help out, leading to GoFundMe donations intended specifically for Bobbitt.

According to Fallon, McClure’s lawyers said that there was no money left from a GoFundMe account set up for Bobbitt by the pair, which reached around $400,000, donated by roughly 14,000 people.

Tt’s unclear how or who spent all the money. However, a New Jersey judge ordered the couple last week to turn over any of the donations left after Bobbitt sued the pair. Bobbitt claimed they mismanaged the money and gave him only a portion of it, while keeping the rest to themselves.

McClure, a receptionist for New Jersey Department of Transportation, reportedly bought a new BMW and took several trips to different states, including California, Florida, and Las Vegas. She also took a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon.

Bobbitt also suspected that D’Amico, a carpenter, spent some of the donation money on gambling.

According to Fallon, numerous requests to D’Amico to account for the GoFundMe money went ignored. Fallon said D’Amico left them no choice but to file a lawsuit.

“He’s really left us with no choice but to go forward.”

D’Amico appeared on the “Megyn Kelly Today” show and said more than $150,000 of the funds still remain. He previously told the Philadelphia Inquirer that he didn’t misuse the funds, yet admitted that he spent around $500 of it on gambling.

D’Amico also indicated they used a portion of it to buy Bobbitt a camper, which they placed on property owned by McClure’s family in Florence Township. D’Amico said Bobbitt was kicked out in June and went through $25,000 given to him in a week due to drug issues. He claimed around half of the total funds raised were either given to Bobbitt directly or spent on him.

Regardless, a New Jersey judge demanded that the pair provide a full account of where the money was spent, and giveany and all remaining money to be given to Bobbitt.

Bobbitt’s other attorney, Jacqueline Promislo told NBC she “very concerned” about how much money has been spent by the defendants. When asked if she planned to go after the couple’s personal assets, she insinuated it could be a possibility.

“We will represent our client to the best of our abilities to recover all of the money raised for him.”

It’s still unclear whether the couple will face criminal charges for the incident.

Bobbitt’s other attorney, Jacqueline Promislo told NBC she “very concerned” about how much money has been spent by the defendants. When asked if she planned to go after the couple’s personal assets, she insinuated it could be a possibility.

“We will represent our client to the best of our abilities to recover all of the money raised for him.”

A Superior Court judge in New Jersey is scheduled to hold a hearing on the matter on Wednesday.

*Editor’s Note*: The story has been changed to reflect that Johnny Bobbitt Jr. is the only person at this time accused of spending $25,000 on drugs. The allegation at this point, however, has not been proven true.

[Feature Photo: Johnny Bobbitt Jr. and Kate McClure/GoFundMe]