DEVELOPING: Project manager found alive days after vanishing from bar; suspect reportedly in custody

A suspect was reportedly arrested Tuesday afternoon in connection with the disappearance of a 23-year-old Massachusetts woman who was recently found alive days after vanishing near a bar.

A law enforcement official briefed on the case told The Boston Globe that the male suspect was apprehended near Walford Way in Charleston. Previous reports indicated that Olivia Ambrose’s iPhone 8 last pinged near Walford Way and Corey Street in the same city.

At a news conference Tuesday evening, police identified the arrested suspect as Victor Peña, 38. According to MassLive, police Commissioner William Gross alleged that Ambrose was found at Peña’s apartment and that she wasn’t in the “physical state” to go there willingly.

Earlier, Boston police said Ambrose was hospitalized for “evaluation purposes.” Since then, they said she appears to be in “good health.”

Ambrose’s twin sister told MassLive they were at Hennessy’s with a group of friends Saturday night when she walked outside with a man who had been ousted from the Boston pub. The outlet reported that surveillance footage indicated that the pair left together at 11:05 p.m.

Boston police later said the man seen leaving Hennessy’s with Ambrose had no involvement in her disappearance.

Ambrose was found alive Tuesday, hours after local police released an image of a “person of interest” in their ongoing investigation. According to The Globe, the photos were taken near State Street MBTA station—where police said one of the men was seen putting his arm around Ambrose while another walks ahead.

Police also said it was at 12:13 a.m. when the unidentified men “are observed again in the area of Green Street walking together towards Bartlett Street. A short time later, phone records indicate Ms. Ambrose’s phone was in the general area of the Bunker Hill Housing Development.”

Saying their investigaton remains active, law enforcement said they’re searching for the second person of interest spotted in surveillance footage. However, it remains unclear what his involvement was.

[Featured image: Olivia Ambrose/Boston Police Department]