An autopsy report in connection with Los Angeles reporter Chris Burrous, who passed away in December, indicates the accidental death occurred after he engaged in sex while high on meth.
According to the autopsy report released by the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, 43-year-old Burrous died from methamphetamine toxicity. The report noted that a coronary heart disease was also a contributing factor to his death.
“Autopsy revealed an enlarged heart, with coronary artery disease,” the report read.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, on December 27, Glendale police arrived at a Days Inn hotel off of 450 Pioneer Drive, after a male called 911 and said “an individual he was with had passed out and was possibly not breathing.” The unidentified man who called 911 said that Burrous may have overdosed. He administered CPR on Burrous prior to first responders arriving.
We have some sad news to report. Chris Burrous, a fixture on the KTLA 5 Morning News since 2011, passed away Thursday. He was a beloved member of the KTLA family and will be deeply missed. He was 43. https://t.co/HfDA1wTbOX pic.twitter.com/Qd0uz275pC
— KTLA (@KTLA) December 28, 2018
According to the report, Burrous met the man on Grindr, a dating app geared toward the LGBTQ community. The pair had met up four times previously. On the day he died, Burrous, who opened the door for his male companion while nude, reportedly put two crystal meth rocks in his anus during sexual activity.
After inserting the second rock into his rectum, Burrous put on an mask and “doused the filters with ‘poppers,'” the report read. Shortly after, the reporter began vomiting, the male companion told police.
“The decedent and his companion continued with their sexual activities and the decedent then inserted a second rock of crystal meth in his anus. The companion described inserting his hand into the decedent’s anus, before the decedent decided to put on a mask. The mask had two cloth filters on the side and a rubber portion that completely covered the mouth and nose.”
Chris Burrous Autopsy by on Scribd
The report later stated that there was no presence of “poppers” in his system.
“There was concern for the presence of amyl nitrates (poppers) in the system, however, toxicology testing did not confirm the presence of this substance,” the autopsy report stated.
Burrous, who had worked for KTLA since 2011, is survived by his wife, Mai Do-Burrous, and their daughter, Isabella, 9.
“In my heart, he’s still there and alive and I hope he is for all of you, too,” Isabella said during her father’s funeral last month, KTLA reports.
[Feature Photo: Chris Burrous/KTLA]