Last known photo of Maleah Davis, as little girl remains missing for over a week

Security footage caught what appears to be the last photo of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, trailing behind her mother’s boyfriend as he walked into a Houston apartment.

The photo, captured April 30, showed Maleah following 26-year-old Derion Vence as he walked to his apartment off of the 9800 block of South Kirkwood Drive. Maleah was never seen again and never captured on security footage past April 30, according to KHOU.

Vence has since been arrested and charged with suspicion of tampering with evidence, a human corpse. The arrest came after authorities said they found blood evidence inside the apartment, followed by cadaver dogs hitting on possible human remains scents in the trunk of the car Vence was driving.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, community activist Quanell X alleged that Vence dismembered the little girl before making up a bogus story about three Hispanic men in a pickup truck abducting Maleah on May 3. Police have not confirmed whether Quanell’s statements are true or not.

“Many people did not know that he had dismembered this beautiful baby,”  Quanell X told KHOU, referring to suspect, 26-year-old Derion Vence. “There was blood spatter evidence around the drainage area of the house. Why would human body tissue be in the drain system?”

Earlier this month, Vence told authorities he was driving a silver Nissan Altima along Greens Road and Highway 59 on May 3, near Humble, when he heard a “popping noise” coming from his vehicle.

Vence told police he had two children in the car, his toddler son and stepdaughter Maleah, and was on his way to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport to pick up the children’s mother, Brittany Bowens.

Vence said he pulled over to check the tires on his vehicle and within a few minutes, three unknown Hispanic males pulled up in a blue 2010 Chevrolet crew cab pickup. Vence said two men got out of the truck, and while one made comments about Maleah, the other reportedly struck him in the head.

Around 6 p.m. the following day, Vence, in and out of consciousness, woke up to find himself and his son on Highway 6 in Sugar Land with his 1-year-old son, according to what he told authorities. Maleah was not with him. Vence said he walked to Methodist Hospital in Sugar Land and arrived around 11 p.m. on Saturday.

Meanwhile, police said that Vence’s version of what happened has changed several times.

“During the initial interview, the man’s story did change several times and some of what he told us just didn’t add up,” spokesperson for Sugar Land police, Doug Adolph said.

Further, police announced that security footage showed Vence being dropped off in a vehicle at the hospital, dispelling the man’s story that he walked to the hospital with his toddler son.

Meanwhile, a judge set Vence’s bond at $1 million. He is currently behind bars at the Harris County Jail. He was expected in court on Monday but the hearing has been postponed.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Maleah Davis/Handout]