THREE young sisters die in wreck with suspected drunk driver after he goes to multiple bars: Report

Three young sisters in Idaho were killed and their father remains hospitalized in critical condition after a drunk driver rear-ended the vehicle they were in over the weekend, according to reports.

KBOI reported that Somchai Ray Lee Lurak, 26, was traveling west on Highway 20 at 1:19 a.m Saturday when he stopped at a construction site near Hot Springs Landing. Moments later, Matthew R. Park, 46, allegedly struck the father from behind, seriously injuring him and killing his three daughters, Aneena Lurak, 6, Kya Lurak, 5, and Drayka Rayshell, 3.

The Ada County Coroner said Rayshell died at a Boise hospital while her two older sisters died at the scene.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

KTVB reported that Somchai Ray Lee Lurak reportedly suffered a collapsed lung and spinal damage. He underwent surgery to repair a broken neck vertebrae but his family said it’s unclear whether he’ll ever walk again.

The father’s fiance, Emma Weigland, was seated in the front passenger seat and will undergo surgery for a broken arm. The couple reportedly remains hospitalized at St. Alphonsus in Boise.

“They were the sweetest girls ever,” Weigland’s sister, Jessica Jones, told the news outlet.

“They loved music, they always loved to come over to my house because my house is filled with drum sets and guitars and they were always interested in it.”

Jones said her sister was the only one who was conscious during the crash, meaning she likely witnessed the three girls’ final moments.

In a press release, the Blaine County Sheriff’s Office said Park’s vehicle, a 1995 Dodge Pickup, had extensive front damage while Somchai Ray Lee Lurak’s 2000 Dodge Neon sustained extensive rear damage.

The police statement noted that all three girls were in car seats when the deadly wreck occurred.

Police said Park wasn’t injured and declined medical assistance. He allegedly showed signs of being drunk and was given field sobriety tests and provided breath samples before his arrest.

KTVB reported that Park admitted to drinking more than a dozen beers between noon Friday and 1:30 a.m. Saturday. He allegedly went to several bars the same night as the crash.

Park, who is charged with three counts of vehicular manslaughter and two counts of felony aggravated driving under the influence, remains jailed on $400,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 22.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Featured image: Aneena Lurak, Kya Lurak, and Drayka Rayshell/GoFundMe]