A teen girl has died after her smartphone’s battery exploded on her pillow next to her head.
Citing local news reports, The Sun reports that 14-year-old Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek of Bastobe, Kazakhstan, was found dead in her bed the morning after she had been listening to music on her plugged-in smartphone. Paramedics reportedly said that the phone’s battery had overheated and exploded, causing severe head injuries that killed the girl instantly.
Mwanafunzi Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek (14), Mkazi wa kijiji cha Bastobe nchini Kazakhastan, amefariki Dunia akiwa usingizini baada ya kulipukiwa na simu aliyokuwa akiichaji huku akisikiliza muziki.#MsumbaNewsBlogUpdates pic.twitter.com/YqcsMit9DZ
— MsumbaNews (@MsumbaNews_) September 30, 2019
It is not clear from the report exactly when the girl died, or what brand of smartphone was involved in the tragic accident.
According to the Sun and the Daily Mail, Abzalbek’s friend posted about her death on social media.
“I still cannot believe it,” 15-year-old Ayazhan Dolasheva reportedly wrote.
“You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much … You have left me forever.”
CrimeOnline will provide further updates if more information becomes available.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.