Ad
Ad

Toddler hospitalized after eating sickening mix of dope mixed with Halloween candy: Report

A 3-year-old girl in Australia was hospitalized after inadvertently eating anti-psychotic medications that were mixed with her Halloween candy, according to reports.

Tara Robe told 7News that her daughter, Abbey Robe, and her three other children were trick-or-treating on Thursday night. She recalled her daughter falling behind and coughing before realizing the toddler had eaten candies that were actually labeled pills in a zip-lock bag.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

“They were pills and I didn’t know what. It could have been nasty,” Tara Robe said. “I thought she was going to die.”

The toddler is believed to have ingested Seroquel, a medication that is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Tara Robe told 7News that the 3-year-old became unresponsive after she was put into the ambulance.

Abbey Robe reportedly spent the night in the hospital. The mother provided photos to the media of the toddler — still wearing her Halloween costume — in a hospital bed and hooked up to machines.

According to 7News, police are treating it as an isolated incident and do not believe it was done intentionally or maliciously.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Featured image: Pixabay]