Patrick Frazee mistress Krystal Lee confided in co-workers about having ‘gotten herself into something’

The woman who admitted to cleaning up the scene of Kelsey Berreth’s presumed murder made cryptic references to her involvement in the young mother’s disappearance to her co-workers.

9News reports that two of Krystal Lee’s former co-workers at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Medical Center in Twin Falls, Idaho, where Lee worked as a nurse, testified at Patrick Frazee’s murder trial, with one saying Lee told her she had gotten mixed up in the missing persons case.

Berreth was last seen on Thanksgiving Day 2018, and Frazee, the father of her toddler daughter, was arrested for Berreth’s murder a month later. Her body has not been found.

“She said she’d gotten herself into something, in a bad situation,” Alyson Wright testified on Tuesday, according to the report.

“She asked if I had heard of the missing mom in Colorado, and I told her yes because it had been in the news, and she said she had gotten herself mixed up in that.”

Kelsey Berreth
Kelsey Berreth

Lee reportedly made those comments on December 26, days after Frazee was arrested. Wright testified that Lee did not go into specifics about her involvement, saying only that “she did what she had to do to keep herself and her kids safe.”

Lee would not return to work at the hospital after that day.

According to CBS 4 Denver, another co-worker testified that Lee seemed tired and sad when she returned to work after Thanksgiving. She reportedly switched shifts with a co-worker, saying that she had to travel to Colorado, but she did not say why.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Lee pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence in exchange for testifying against Frazee. She is the prosecution’s star witness, and testified that Frazee admitted to beating Berreth with a baseball bat in her Woodland Park home, and demanded that Lee drive to Colorado on Thanksgiving weekend to clean up the bloody crime scene.

According to 9News, Lee testified that after cleaning up the scene and watching Frazee burn what she believes were Berreth’s remains on his property, she drove back to Idaho with Berreth’s cell phone, purse, and handgun. Testimony at Frazee’s trial indicates that authorities believe Lee burned these items near her home.

The trial will continue on Wednesday.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.