Authorities in New York have declared that the death of a 6-year-old boy who collapsed and died in his school lunch line was a homicide, NBC New York reported on Friday.
The city medical examiner said that Tyzavier Martin’s June 14 death was a delayed response to having his throat cut his mother, who also slashed her 2-year-old daughter’s throat on Aprilr 27.
Shanice Martin reportedly slashed the children’s throats on April 27 with a box cutter on a street corner in the Bronx because she couldn’t get a bed in a shelter for the night, CrimeOnline previously reported. Doctors said the boy was cut “from ear to ear.”
Martin allegedly abandoned the children and went to a police station to confess while she was covered in blood.
“Go ahead and arrest me,” Martin reportedly told officers.
Members of Martin’s family have said she battled mental health problems and homelessness.
The children were treated and handed over to their father. Tyzavier collapsed on his second day back at school after the incident.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Martin was charged with assault, child endangerment and child abandonment and remains in jail without bond.
— New York Post (@nypost) June 14, 2019
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.
[Featured image: Pixabay]