Eight-year-old girl is shot dead after mom drives through barricade where Rayshard Brooks killed, ATLANTA MAYOR OUTRAGE

An 8-year-old girl was fatally shot after her mother attempted to drive through illegally-erected barricades near the site of last month’s fatal police shooting that killed Rayshard Brooks.

According to the Associated Press, 8-year-old Secoriea Turner was in a car with her mother on the night of July 4 when her mother attempted to drive through illegal barricades near an Atlanta Wendy’s where Brooks was killed by a police officer on June 12.

Ongoing protests have continued for weeks at the scene of the police shooting. Atlanta police officer Garrett Rolfe is facing 11 charges, including felony murder, after he fatally shot Brooks in the back as Brooks was running from officers. Police had been called to the fast food restaurant on the night of June 12 after Brooks, who is black, reportedly fell asleep in his vehicle. During a struggle with officers, he reportedly took a Taser gun and ran off before he was shot. As CrimeOnline previously reported, Rolfe is accused of kicking Brooks while he was lying on the ground after the shooting.

Doomsday, death & deception: Nancy Grace investigates “Cult Mom” Lori Vallow. Inside sources reveal brand new bombshell information. Click here to watch.

The Associated Press reports that police said in a statement that Turner’s mother was trying to enter a parking lot when she came upon a group of people, armed with guns, who were blocking the entrance. The suspects reportedly fired into the car, mortally wounding Turner, who was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms reportedly said at a news conference that at least two shooters were involved in Turner’s murder, and the suspects are still at large.

“You shot and killed a baby,” the mayor said at the news conference Sunday, joined by the girl’s grieving mother.

Authorities have asked for the public for help in identifying the shooting suspects. One was reportedly dressed in all black and the other was wearing a white T-shirt.

The girl’s mother spoke to reporters at Sunday’s news conference.

“She would have been on TikTok dancing on her phone, just got finished eating. We understand the frustration of Rayshard Brooks,” the woman said.

“We understand. We didn’t have anything to do with that. We’re innocent. We didn’t mean no harm. My baby didn’t mean harm.”

CrimeOnline will provide further updates when more information is available.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode: