Ad
Ad

Cops search for suspects in killing of toddler boy at Brooklyn cookout

New York police released images Monday of three men they say were involved in a shooting at a cookout on July 12 that killed a 22-month-old boy in a stroller.

Davell Gardner was outside Raymond Bush Playground in Brooklyn’s Bed-Stuy neighborhood when a group of men got out of an SUV and started shooting. Gardner was hit in the stomach and died a few hours later at Maimonides Medical Center, as CrimeOnline previously reported.

Three other men in their 20s and 30s were injured in the shooting — a 27-year-old hit in the ankle, a 36-year-old shot in the leg, and a 35-year-old struck in the groin, according to the New York Times. None of their injures was life-threatening.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

The New York Post said videos were released in addition to the photos. In one video, the Post said, two males are seen looking at their phones, at least one with a bandana over his face. In the other, a male is seen carrying a case or speaker of some kind.

New York Crimestoppers asked that anyone with any information about the three men contact them at 1-800-577-TIPS.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

[Feature image:New York Crimestoppers]