Ad
Ad

Suspect in fatal Ohio shooting that killed 4-year-old surrenders after message from murdered boy’s dad: ‘You took my son from me’

The 4-year-old boy reportedly died in his mother’s arms

A suspect in a shooting that killed a 4-year-old boy has turned himself into authorities.

As WFMJ reports, Kimonie Bryant, 24, turned himself into U.S. Marshals on Monday evening. Bryant is suspected to be the gunman in a shooting early Monday morning in Struthers, Ohio, that killed the boy and injured his mother, along with three other adults.

While there have been news headlines indicating that one of the males who was critically injured in the shooting has died, the majority of local news outlets have reported that the four adult victims are alive as of Tuesday morning.

According to WKBN, police identified the deceased child as 4-year-old Rowan Sweeney. The four adult victims have been identified as Andre Stephon McCoy, Jr., 20; Yarnell Green Jr., 30; Cassandra Marsicola, 20; and Rowan’s mother, 22-year-old Alexis Schneider.

Scnheider appears to have posted to her Facebook page since the shooting, and one post indicates that she is in a relationship with Green.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Struthers police said at a news conference on Monday that the suspect entered the home through a door that led to the living room, and all of the victims were in that room. The police chief said at the news conference that the suspect shouted commands or demands to the victims, and opened fire before anyone could respond. One of the male victims was reportedly shot twice in the head.

According to WFMJ, police said that Rowan died in his mother’s arms.

As WKBN reports, Rowan’s father attended a police conference Monday night, while the suspect was still at large.

“Whoever did this, man, just turn yourself in,” David Sweeney said.

“Just be a man, dude. Just be a man. You’re sick. You’re just sick. You took my son from me. This is my baby boy. You took him because you’re sick. you can live with that for the rest of your life, but this is my baby.”

Police indicated at the same news conference that investigators had been looking into a second suspect. It is unclear what role the possible second suspect played in the shooting, as the victims and witnesses reportedly told police there was only one gunman, who fled the scene on foot.

This is a developing story. CrimeOnline will provide further updates when more information is available.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode: