Ad
Ad

Armed ‘protests’ planned in ALL 50 states this week; Washington Monument shuts down in face of security threat

The Washington Monument will be shut down through Inauguration Day amid “credible threats” related to last week’s riot at the U.S. Capitol, the National Park Service announced Monday.

Jeffrey P. Reinbold, superintendent of the National Mall and Memorial Parks, said in a notice obtained by ABC News that tours of the Washington Monument will also be suspended from Monday through January 23. The agency may also close public facilities, parking areas, and roadways managed within the National Mall and Memorial Parks if conditions permit.

Reinbold said the groups involved in the riot at the U.S. Capitol plan to “threaten to disrupt the 59th presidential inauguration,” including “the set up and execution of inaugural events which occur in several park areas.”

Doomsday death & deception: Nancy Grace investigates “Cult Mom” Lori Vallow. Inside sources reveal brand new bombshell information. Click here to watch.

The agency’s announcement comes amid news that armed protests are planned at all 50 state capitols from Saturday through at least Inauguration Day on January 20. ABC News reporter Aaron Katersky tweeted that the FBI believes there will be armed protests at the U.S. Capitol starting Sunday through Inauguration Day.

Citing an FBI bulletin, Katersky said in another tweet that a group is planning to storm state, local, and federal courthouses if President Donald Trump is ousted from office before Inauguration Day.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most — your children.

[Featured image: AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana]