DISTURBING TREND as Chicago woman & SC man both set on fire, almost 1K miles apart: Reports

*This is a developing story and will be updated as additional information becomes available.*

A Chicago area woman is recovering after a man allegedly set her on fire last Friday, according to authorities.

ABC 7 reports that the victim, a 35-year-old, ran to a nearby South Deering firehouse at 105th Street and Hoxie. She was rushed to the Trinity Hospital where she was listed in critical condition.

The Chicago Police Department said last week that the victim was ultimately transferred to the University of Chicago Medical Center for treatment.

At this time, no suspect is in custody.

CrimeOnline reached out to the Chicago PD but no one was readily available for comments.

Meanwhile, in Florence County, South Carolina, 38-year-old Adrian Patrice Cain allegedly doused gasoline on her husband, Rashad Brown, 29, and lit him on fire. ABC 15 reports that the incident happened at a gas station after the couple got into an argument.

“Ms. Cain advised she took the gas nozzle and sprayed Mr. Brown with gas and then took a lighter and set him on fire. Ms. Cain stated she didn’t mean to hurt Mr. Brown as bad as she did,” police said.

The victim survived but suffered burns to his arms, back, legs, and the left side of his body, according to CBS 12.

In an interview with CBS 12, Brown explained his version of events on the day in question.

“I stuck my nozzle in the truck. And went on her side to go try to talk to her. But she still was on the phone. So, I took the phone out of her hand. She took her nozzle out of the gas, out of her car and poured it on me and on the truck. And she was like, ‘Either give me the phone or I am going to set you on fire!’ And I was like, ‘Man, you ain’t crazy enough to do that.’ And before I could finish the words, she had done struck the lighter,” said Brown.

“I am steady running, trying to get my shirt off. Because my shirt was the first thing that flashed up in my face. That’s how I got a little burn mark on my nose. So I’m trying to get the shirt off, but my pants is burning, now two finger, so I’m trying to pull everything off at one time. Still yelling, like, ‘Oh my God! Oh my God!’ I’m rolling around in the grass. And then I noticed the ditch when I couldn’t get my shoes off. So I just rolled toward the ditch and jumped in the ditch.”

Initially, Brown told police that it was an accident. However, he’s now pushing for attempted murder charges and to “get the justice I’m supposed to get.”

“I’m still in pain now. Most of my back is gone. My arms are messed up. I can’t move my right hand, my fingers or nothing. My legs are both burned. It hurts to move, period. I am walking with a walker. I have to take therapy just to walk, and move my fingers and stuff……”

Cain posted a $10,000 bond and was released from the Florence County Detention Center. Brown told CBS 12 he wants to talk with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office victim’s advocate, to push for upgraded charges.

Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most — your children.

[Feature Photo: Pixabay]