The father of a missing 22-year-old woman appeared alongside investigators on Thursday and made an emotional plea for his daughter’s return.
Law enforcement officials from multiple agencies gave a press conference in North, Fork, Florida on Thursday to share the latest in the search for missing Gabby Petito, who vanished during a road trip with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie – who returned to Florida in the converted camper van the couple had been traveling in, but without his girlfriend. Police have since named Laundrie a person of interest in Petito’s disappearance, but said during the news conference that it is still a missing persons investigation. No criminal charges have been filed.
Laundrie has remained largely silent since Petito was first reported missing, releasing only a brief statement through his lawyer. Police said on Thursday that while Laundrie is under no obligation at this time to speak with investigators, they hope he will tell them what he knows.
Petito’s father Joseph Petito addressed the media at the press conference.
‘I’M ASKING FOR HELP’: Gabby Petito’s father spoke out during a press conference on Thursday and called on the family of her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, to help in the search for his 22-year-old daughter.
— FOX 29 (@FOX29philly) September 16, 2021
“What we need from everybody here is help,” the father said. “Because the goal is still not met. And that goal is to bring Gabby home safe.”
Petito encouraged any of Laundrie’s family and friends to come forward and contact the tip line for information about his daughter’s disappearance.
Anyone with information is urged to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
Read CrimeOnline’s complete coverage of the Gabby Petito missing persons investigation here.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode: