Ad
Petito and Laundrie

Police: No More Plans of ‘Major Search’ for Brian Laundrie in Carlton Reserve

Authorities announced Monday that there is no plans to search for Brian Laundrie in the vast Florida Reserve after exhausting “all avenues.”

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Laundrie, 23, and his girlfriend, Gabby Petito, 22, took a cross-country road trip over the summer. Laundrie later returned to his parents’ North Point, Florida, home without Gabby. He subsequently lawyered up and refused to cooperate while police searched for her.

On Sunday, searchers found what was likely Gabby’s deceased body in a secluded area at the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming,

“Full forensic identification has not been completed to confirm 100% that we found Gabby, but her family has been notified,” FBI Supervisory Special Agent Charles Jones said. “This is an incredibly difficult time for (Petito’s) family and friends.”

Authorities also stated that law enforcement will continue to search for Laundrie, although no searches will take place on the grounds near the vast area of Carlton Reserve anymore, News Nation Now reports.

“At this time, we currently believe we have exhausted all avenues in searching of the grounds there,” North Port police PIO Josh Taylor said in a statement to WFLA. “Law enforcement agencies continue to search for Brian Laundrie.”

Laundrie’s parents told police that they saw him last Tuesday as he left their home wearing a waist strap and a hiking bag. They reportedly said they found Laundrie’s car parked at the Carlton Reserve parking lot the following day and took it back home.

The FBI is asking anyone who saw the coupled camping near Grand Teton National Park to call them at 1-800-Call-FBI.

Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast

[Feature Photo: Instagram]