As the search continues for the boyfriend of a young woman found dead this weekend, dive teams have been called to a Florida nature preserve where police have been looking for Brian Laundrie since late last week.
As Fox News 11 reports, the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office Dive Team was called to the Carlton Reserve shortly before noon on Wednesday. It is not yet known if the dive teams are following a specific lead or if it is a routine search.
DIVE TEAM JOINS SEARCH FOR BRIAN LAUNDRIE: The search for Brian Laundrie, the person of interest in the Gabby Petito case, continues today at Carlton Reserve. We're live on #WFLANow with the latest developments: https://t.co/B9L3qATCk1 #HeyJB #HeyWalt https://t.co/9u2XwYXz9b
— WFLA NEWS (@WFLA) September 22, 2021
Laundrie has not been seen in over a week, after returning to North Port, Florida, on September 1 without Petito. He never reported her missing and has not yet spoken to police. It is unclear if investigators believe Laundrie is still alive. His parents told investigators on Friday that they had not seen him since September 14, when he said he was going hiking at the Carlton Reserve.
Fox 35 Orlando has live coverage of the search area.