Investigators say the little boy found inside a suitcase in rural Indiana died from an electrolyte imbalance.
The medical examiner says that the imbalance was most likely due to a “viral gastroenteritis” caused by excessive vomiting or diarrhea. State police are still working to identify the boy, believed to be about 5 years old.
Toxicology tests came back negative and the boy had no severe injuries. Police do not believe the boy was alive when he was placed inside the suitcase.
A mushroom hunter found the hardshell suitcase, which features the famous “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign. The little boy is described as just under 4 feet tall and about 40 pounds, with a slim build and a short haircut.
Indiana State Police have set up a national tip line at (888) 437-6432.
Joining Nancy Grace today:
“Crime Stories with Nancy Grace” on Fox Nation is also a national radio show heard on SiriusXM channel 111 airing for two hours daily starting at 12 p.m. EST. You can also subscribe and download the daily podcasts at iHeart Podcasts.
[Feature Photo: Police Handout]