Police May 30, 2020
SEE IT: Protests over George Floyd’s death intensify nationwide
At least one person was killed Friday during fourth night of protests across the country over the killing of George Floyd by a now fired and arrested Minneapolis police officer, as peaceful protests in some areas turned violent after the sun set. And as states and cities prepared for a fifth night of demonstrations on …
Juveniles May 30, 2020
SEE IT: Atlanta police say members of National Guard in viral video are adults
Update: 5:37 p.m. ET The Atlanta Police Department has said that a group of uniformed militia captured in a viral video taken at a protest early Saturday morning are not children. In response to an inquiry about a viral video that appeared to depict people in uniform and riot gear who may have been underage, …
Police May 30, 2020
Wife of Derek Chauvin, Minneapolis cop charged with murder in death of George Floyd, files for divorce: Report
The wife of the former Minneapolis police officer facing murder charges in the death of an unarmed black man has reportedly filed for divorce. WCCO obtained a statement on Friday from the law firm representing the fired police officer’s wife, Kelly Chauvin. “This evening, I spoke with Kellie Chauvin and her family. She is devastated …
Protests May 28, 2020
SEE IT: Protests spread from Minneapolis after death of George Floyd in police custody; Protesters want officers involved arrested
After two nights of protests and riots in Minneapolis over the death of a black man in the custody of police, protests erupted in other parts of the country on Thursday. With dozens of buildings destroyed or damaged Wednesday night, Minnesota Gov Tim Walz activated the National Guard after Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey called for …
Protests May 6, 2020
Protestors push for justice after high school football star is shot down while reportedly jogging [SEE IT]
– Protestors jogged in Atlanta, while others walked with signs in support of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery.
– Arbery was shot and killed in February while jogging in a Brunswick, Georgia, neighborhood.
– No arrests have been made in the case.
– The protest happened days after cell phone footage of the shooting was released to the public.
– Retired district attorney investigator Gregory McMichael, 64, claimed he shot Arbery for ‘viciously attacking’ his son.
– Arbery’s mother, Wanda Cooper, said her son was unarmed when he was chased down, accosted and shot.