Bachelor in Paradise

‘Bachelor in Paradise’ contestants break silence with conflicting statements: ‘Something bad obviously took place’

A cast member says the alleged incident was filmed

The contestants at the center of the Bachelor in Paradise controversy have broken their silence, after days of speculation about what happened on set that ended production of the series.

As Crime Online previously reported, production was suspended indefinitely earlier this week after a producer on the reality series filed a complaint alleging sexual misconduct on set between contestants Corrine Olympios and DeMario Jackson after a long day of drinking.

The producer had not witnessed the incident first-hand, but heard reports from other show staff who had been present.

Sources told TMZ that Corinne claimed to have been blackout drunk during the encounter in a pool, and a person who claimed to witness the encounter described a disturbing scene to the Daily Mail. 

“Before long, [Corinne] seemed to go limp and was sliding under water. Demario kept trying to hold her up and at the same time he appeared to be having intercourse with her. After he finished – which only lasted a few seconds – he lifted her out of the water and laid her on the cement, where he proceeded to have oral sex with her. She appeared to be unconscious. At that point some of the crew came out and carried her off to her room. She was limp and seemed unable to walk on her own.”

But according to sources who spoke to TMZ, Jackson said that he was too drunk to have intercourse, though he reportedly had some memory of the incident.

Both contestants have since released statements that appear to offer conflicting accounts.

Olympios was the first to break her silence with a media statement obtained by CNN Money.

“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”

Soon after, Jackson released a statement of his own.

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has [sic] been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”

Olympios has enlisted attorney Marty Singer, while Jackson hired Walter Mosley as a legal counsel, according to CNNMoney.

On Thursday, TMZ reported that a female cast member walked by the pool where alleged encounter took place, and that Corinne, while topless, seemed coherent and even called out to greet her. That cast member also reportedly said that cameras were rolling at the time, suggesting there is footage of the incident in question.

 

[Feature Photo: YouTube Screenshot/E! News]