Joshua Castellon

Lyft driver goes on shooting spree, guns down homeless men as they sleep: Cops

Police in Nevada have arrested a man they say targeted homeless individuals in a shooting spree that left two dead and two more injured.

According to the New York Post, 26-year-old Joshua Castellon was arrested Friday and is expected to face charges including murder and attempted murder in connection with a string of gun crimes between Jan. 29 and Feb. 2.

The suspect was reportedly employed as a ride-share driver for Lyft.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Las Vegas police announced earlier this month that they were seeking public assistance in identifying a suspected serial killer.

After 64-year-old James Lewis and 51-year-old Brian Wayne Clegg were found shot dead and another homeless man was shot in his face, each as they slept and all on the same day Feb. 2, Metropolitan Police Department Homicide Captain Robert Plummer issued an alert making it clear detectives were treating their suspect as a serial killer.

“I will say, after killing two people and shooting two others, if he isn’t, he’s on his way to being one,” he said.

At that time, Plummer emphasized the importance of identifying the gunman and remove him from the streets.

“We must stop this man before he shoots and kills someone else,” he said. “This man is armed and dangerous and he’s targeting our homeless.”

Following Castellon’s arrest, Plummer touted the “good news,” adding that officers are “relieved that a dangerous person is off the streets.”

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, investigators had been focusing on the suspect for a few days before arresting him on a federal gun charge related to the shooting spree.

As of the latest reports available, police were still looking for the murder weapon, which Castellon allegedly purchased days before the shootings began.

[Featured image: Joshua Castellon/Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department]