Victoria Martens murder suspect told police he had sex with brutally murdered child’s dead body: Report

The man accused of raping and killing a 10-year-old girl reportedly admitted to police that he had sexual contact with her after she had died.

KOAT has obtained search warrants connected to the investigation of Victoria Marten’s August 2016 homicide. Three suspects — the girl’s mother Michelle Martens, her boyfriend Fabian Gonzalez, and Gonzalez’s cousin Jessica Kelly — are in custody on suspicion of murder. All three have pleaded not guilty but all three are confirmed to have been at Michelle Martens’ Albuquerque apartment on the night of the horrific assault and killing.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, police responded to a 911 call at the apartment on the night of August 24, 2016, to find Victoria’s partially dismembered body burning in a bathtub. Michelle Martens reportedly admitted to having sex with Gonzalez after she watched him rape and kill her daughter, and made dinner for him and Gonzalez, who is also accused of participating in the attack and stabbing the little girl.

According to the warrants obtained by KOAT, Victoria’s mother admitted to investigators that she watched Gonzalez sexually assault her daughter, which gave the mother “sexual gratification.” She reportedly confessed to seeking men online for the purposes of having sex with her daughter and possibly another child living in the home. She claimed to have allowed two other men to have sex with her daughter, one who she met online and another through work.

In a shocking detail previously unreported, Gonzalez reportedly told investigators that he had sex with Victoria “shortly after the child was deceased.”

The three suspects are currently in custody and awaiting their separate trials. The trial of Michelle Martens is expected to begin in July.


[Feature image: Victoria Martens/Facebook]