Prosecutors: School teacher tipped off dangerous drug dealers about investigation to get revenge on cheating police officer husband

On Wednesday, prosecutors asked for an eight year sentence for a Broward County, Florida, elementary school teacher who tipped off drug dealers about an investigation, in an attempt to “get back at” her Lauderhill police detective husband, who was accused of cheating on her.

CBS DFW reports that in 2013, Porsha Session, 31, thought her now ex-husband was having an affair. According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Session said she sought out “revenge against her philandering police officer spouse.”

In turn, she searched through his work emails and found information about a drug investigation he was working on. She used her co-worker’s phone to contact a drug dealer; she tipped the dealer off that authorities were watching his movements, and that an informant was currently among his group.

Session, who was a teacher at Cypress Elementary School in Pompano Beach at the time, made a total of six phone calls to the one of the drug dealers. She finally convinced him that one of the people in his group was indeed an informant working for authorities. Shortly after being outed, the informant shot himself in the head and died.

Session’s attorney, Fred Haddad, wrote in court records that his client was a law-abiding citizen who had never been in trouble before.

“Ms. Session has been a law-abiding person her entire life. She has no criminal history and her only involvement with the law was due to a bad marriage.”

The Drug Dealers and Informant

In October 2012, authorities began focusing on seven Jamaican men, now living in Florida, who were managing a “significant” illegal drug business in Ft. Lauderdale and Lauderhill. Prosecutors indicated that the drug dealers grew up together, which made adding an informant into their group almost impossible. Yet, the informant, according to prosecutors, was in the “unique” position of getting close to the group.

According to the informant, the drug dealers were a dangerous bunch and often carried guns around with them. They also robbed other drug dealers at gunpoint and broke into their homes.

The Sun Sentinel reports that along with drug dealing, the group was also involved in an illegal gun smuggling business.

Prior to Session’s calls to one of the dealers, the informant generally had no concerns while around the group. He had even convinced them he wasn’t a “snitch” before Sessions made the calls. The prosecution alleged that it was Session’s actions that led the informant to fear for his life and ultimately kill himself.

“By contrast, after defendant Session told [the suspect] that someone close to him within their group was providing information to law enforcement about their criminal activities, the [informant] was terrified and in tears. [He] believed that he was going to be killed.”

Authorities relocated the informant and his wife to another county, but within a few months after Session’s calls to the drug dealer, the informant killed himself.


The defense argued that there is no way to prove that Session’s phone calls is what made the informant shoot himself. Further, numerous friends and family members wrote character letters on Session’s behalf, and asked the court to have mercy since Session is a mother to a 5-year-old daughter.

Prosecutors, on the other hand, said Session was dangerous, and pushed for at least eight years behind bars instead of the recommended guideline sentence of 15 to 21 months in prison. She’s due back in court on June 28 for sentencing.

[Feature Photo: Broward County PD]