Two Maryland teens have been charged in the alleged kidnap and rape of a teen girl, and a third suspect believed to have orchestrated the plot is still at large.
The Frederick News-Post reports that the suspected mastermind of the disturbing plot is a younger female acquaintance of the alleged victim. The suspects in custody are Edgar Natanal Chicas-Hernandez, 17, (pictured left) and Victor Antonio Gonzalez-Guttierres, 19 (pictured right), according to charging documents obtained by the newspaper.
The victim reportedly told police she was attacked in Frederick at around 12:30 a.m. on September 1. Three men, two of them believed to be classmates of the victim, allegedly ambushed the girl as she was walking home, grabbing her hair. One of the suspects allegedly slashed her chest with a knife.
The three suspects then allegedly dragged the teen victim to a car and stuffed a rag in her mouth. They reportedly told her that a younger female acquaintance had ordered the attack. The men then drove the victim to an apartment elsewhere in Frederick, where they held her for hours. Two of the suspects allegedly raped her while a third recorded the attack on cell phone video. The victim reportedly told police that suspect kept his face covered, and that she did not recognize his voice. That suspect remains at large and has not yet been identified.
“The third, unidentified man mentioned in the charging documents has not been charged. … As the investigation continues, however, we do anticipate there being additional charges in this case,” Frederick Police Lt. Clark Pennington told the Frederick News-Post.
After the attack, the suspects reportedly drove the victim back to the spot where they had grabbed her, and left her with a warning: That if the reported the attack, “next time it will be worse.”
Police have reportedly questioned the younger girl believed to have masterminded the attack, and discovered evidence that suggests she may have been motivated by intention to extort the victim. Investigators have reportedly found messages on a social media account appearing to belong to that girl offering a male acquaintance footage of the assault in exchange for “one night of pleasure.”
The alleged mastermind has reportedly denied her role in the attack, while acknowledging that she expected the suspects to claim she was connected. She reportedly told police that fake social media accounts had been set up in her name.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to contact the police tip by calling 301-600-8477 (TIPS), texting 240-674-8477 (TIPS) or emailing fpdcrimetip@ frederickmdpolice.org.
Feature photo: Frederick Police