‘Babe, I just shot the kids’: ‘Mom’ planned to murder two little girls weeks in advance: Detectives [Update]

A Texas woman accused of shooting her two young daughters to death on Thursday planned the killings out weeks in advance, according to authorities.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Sarah Nicole Henderson, 29 ,was charged with capital murder after she allegedly killed her two daughters, KayLee Danielle, 7, and Kenlie, 5, on early Thursday morning a little after 2 a.m. in her Mabank home, located 55 miles southeast of Dallas.

Authorities had been to the home around three hours earlier that night, after receiving a call regarding a “suicidal woman” from the suspect’s husband, Jacob. When they arrived, he answered the door and assured the officers “everything was fine” and that his wife had calmed down.

[Photo: Handout]
“No one was in any danger. No one was suicidal, no signs of violence, no signs of anything,” Henderson County Sheriff Botie Hillhouse said, according to WFAA, earlier this week. “The only thing she told us was that she had smoked some marijuana early in the evening. She was very blunt. We just don’t have any answers as to why.”

Now, new details are emerging that indicate the shootings were premeditated.

ABC reports that according to Hillhouse, Henderson confessed under questioning that she planned her daughters’ murders out weeks in advance. She reportedly said she thought about killing the kids for several weeks before she actually went through with it.

On the night in question, she also tried to shoot her husband, Jacob Henderson, according to detectives, but the gun jammed and malfunctioned.

“She did try to shoot her husband. The gun malfunctioned. He took the pistol then realized the daughters had been shot,” Hillhouse said. “We don’t have a motive at all. We’re still digging, trying to figure out what was going on at that house at the time.”

Jacob called authorities again after the suspect reportedly admitted to him that she shot the children. He said he didn’t want to believe it, but he found both girls lying lifeless in the home, deceased from gunshot wounds.

“She was asleep when I went to sleep last night. I woke up and she came in there said, ‘Babe, I just shot the kids.’ And I didn’t want to believe it. I went in there and they were dead.”

Hillhouse noted that Jacob was the stepfather to the two girls. Their biological father, who has custody of the suspect’s oldest son, was notified.

Neighbors reported that there were several altercations heard from the home, mainly from the suspect, who a neighbor said was “constantly” cursing and yelling at her girls.

The motive of the murders remains unclear. Henderson remains behind bars on suicide watch with a $2 million bail.

The story is still developing. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.

[Feature Photo: Police Handout]